This is one of our favourite family Christmas photos taken a couple of years ago and it pretty much sums us up. But chances are, if you’ve clicked on this article, you, like us, have been counting down the days to when it is socially acceptable to crank up those festive tunes, get out your daggy christmas sweaters and no doubt, you’ll find the following list a joy to read.
So lock the dates in your diaries and dust off that tinsel, the time is nigh and here’s a list of our favourite festive events on in our Inner West #myinnerwestchristmas.
1.This weekend Inner West Voices’ is hosting their annual end of year concert and promises to be full of that community vibe. If you want to soak up those tunes head to Marrickville Town Hall this Saturday at 7pm.
2.On Sunday afternoon you’ll find us at the PBC Christmas Extravaganza getting groovy with a mix of live music, guzzling on craft beer and of course, the kids will be going mad on the giant water slide. Even Santa is going to join in the fun with a guest appearance.
3. For something a little saner and for the closet Christmas craft fans, Camperdown Commons is hosting Christmas craft workshops for the kids over the next three Sundays between 10am and 12noon.
4. Next Friday (8th December) at 6pm we will be heading to Stanmore Public School Oval to enjoy the Joy of Giving Concert where a gold coin on entry will be going to Father Chris Riley’s Youth off the Streets. It’s open to the public so BYO picnic and get into the true Christmas spirit.
5. Santa in the Cemetery is back for a second year. On Saturday December 9th head to St Stephens (Camperdown Cemetery) with your fur child/ren for a furry Christmas photo with Santa.
6. The Tramsheds is paying homage to Christmas hosts this month and putting on a range of gift markets and workshops. Our kids are looking forward to making cookies at the Bekya workshop while we’ll be heading to one of the Apertivo Hours.
7. If you still haven’t resolved your festive fix, Carols by Candlelight in Ashfield (Saturday 9th) will be running again this year
8. And the final fix at Carols on Norton is on Sunday 17th December.
We can’t get enough of the Christmas vibe so share with us your Inner West Christmas – Tag @myinnerwestaddress #myinnerwestaddress #myinnerwestchristmas
Merry Christmas from us!
Blake and Annika
Looking for more details? Here are a few links for you: